Coaching Presence - Forward Thinking in Service of the Client

Communication
Perspectives
Resilience
powered by

My Blog

Resilience

For the past couple of days, I have been struggling (yes, Coaches struggle too!)  Nothing grandiose mind you, just everyday struggles and challenges.  As President Reagan said, "Don't let the turkeys get you down!"  But sometimes they do.

I'm always astonished that when I need words of inspiration, they somehow appear at the exact moment I need to see them.  The particular words that caught my attention were on a magnet on my mother's refrigerator (ironically, I think I gave it to her!)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."

I immediately thought of resilience.  I am resilient.  The universe needed to remind me that I am resilient.  I need to remind myself, I am resilient!

As I thought about it, there are times when we all need to be reminded that we are resilient.  Sometimes, we forget the best energy source is ourselves.  There are everyday examples of resiliency all around us.  Resiliency is the mother of a newborn and a toddler who breathes deeply and says to herself "I can do this" as both her children are crying at the top of their lungs or the musician that never gives up on his dreams despite the ever mounting bills or the woman that despite many bad first dates continues to seek her true love.

Some of our best and greatest learning comes from making mistakes and failure.  Just ask Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Thomas Edison (and many many others!) - they all failed more than once before they found success.  It was their capacity for resiliency that kept them moving toward their goals and successes.

So the next time the turkeys are getting you down, BE RESILIENT!

9 Comments to Resilience:

Comments RSS
strona internetowa on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:52 AM
Ideally it previously was minutes. ninety cm. Each individual your kitchen has to be included in a normal manner namely the potential of remedying of diverse products
Reply to comment

adres www on Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:38 PM
Buying home furniture towards size When selecting completely new coloring retailer shouldn't be led just by one factor
Reply to comment

profile on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:57 PM
In your kitchen, polishing off do the job could be implemented as being a instrument to help appreciably the particular visual appeal belonging to the room Anyone who decides to help strong advancement not to mention accents should certainly carefully
Reply to comment

adres on Thursday, October 09, 2014 3:09 PM
Modern equipment, which these days turns into a typical, this should be additionally much of our kitchen's. The increasing to the divider appears to be the main postponement, interruption of each impression known
Reply to comment

karriere navigator on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:45 AM
I dont know more about this concepts.Please let me know about this concepts.I am always waiting to know the great stuff like this.
Reply to comment

strony www on Thursday, October 16, 2014 1:09 PM
First associated with, it's important to get the application to suit the actual home window decorating style of often the room The toilet critical place sterilizing. In addition , we really wish for the features to attract attention to their look as well as have a good climate
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 6:45 AM
crying thus noisally that we all arise immediately Same room in your home in which embellish should really be because of personality modern day and even innovative
Reply to comment

drury on Saturday, January 02, 2016 1:11 PM
This data can be quite intriguing, I seriously loved, I'd really like have more information regarding this specific, simply because can be quite stunning, cheers intended for discussing! It certainly is my own enjoyment to see this type of things. I am a lot interested in most of these subject areas by youth and my own habit to see this specific.
Reply to comment

programming homework service on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:56 AM
Science Channel’s Are Giving A Complete Knowledge To Its Viewers About Every Thing Students Write Done Dissertation On This Subjects And Show Its Importance.
Reply to comment